Spring Training 2018
Time: 7:30AM – 4:30PM – Great BBQ Lunch Included
Location: Falcon Heights, MN
The Minnesota BBQ Society is pleased to join the University of Minnesota Meat Science Department once again to offer the BBQ Spring Training Workshop on May 26th, 2018 in the Andrew Boss Laboratory of Meat Science. This full day program is packed with lectures and demonstrations provided by meat scientists, industry professionals, and Minnesota BBQ Society competition pros.
The workshop contains something for everyone, from the amateur backyard cook to seasoned competition chefs. Your registration for the workshop includes a binder full of all the presentations, a University of Minnesota Meat Science hat and apron, breakfast refreshments, BBQ lunch, and product tastings, all for a reduced registration rate of $150 per person for members and $175 for non-members. The entire program will take place in the Andrew Boss Laboratory of Meat Science on the St. Paul Campus of the University of Minnesota. The day begins with a very informative tour of the Meat Lab; the University raises their own livestock and slaughters them on site. There is also a retail shop where the University’s own meats, sausages, cheeses and amazing ice cream are available for sale.
Due to the date change, our keynote speaker is now Heath Riles, from Heath Riles BBQ (Recently Transitioned from Victory Lane BBQ) Heath is:
- 39 years old, started cooking BBQ at 18
- 52 GC’s in since 2013, over 20 perfect scores as well.
- TV= nationally run Bank of America commercial, also multiple appearances on Food Network, Destination channel, Travel Channel and radio appearances.
- BBQ biz= restaurant consultant, contracted recipe development consult, his personal rub and seasoning business has earned over 30 NBBQA awards.
- Has taught numerous classes, and keynote sessions to all levels of audience.
Some of this year’s topics include:
The Science of Meat
BBQ Equipment- Theories & Reality
The Art of Cooking BBQ
What it takes to be a BBQ Team in Backyard & Pro
The Right Equipment for You