Date: April 7, 2018
Location: Gopher State Sportsmen’s Club
The Rotary Rock-n-Ribs will be hosting a Judge and Table Captain Classes on Saturday, April 7, 2018 at the Gopher State Sportsmen’s Club, 970 Sportsmans Valley Road N, La Crescent MN 55947.
Sign in for Judge Classes will be between 9:00 to 10:00 am, class starts at 10:00 am and ends about 2:00 pm. The cost for the class is $70.00 for KCBS members in good standing or for non-members, $115.00 including a one-year membership to KCBS. Judges will be tasting chicken, ribs, pork and brisket during the class.
Sign in for the Table Captain Class will be around 2:15 pm and class starting at 2:30 pm and ending about 4:30 pm. The cost for this class is $60.00 for KCBS members. If you take the KCBS Judges class on April 7th you will receive a KCBS membership and will be eligible to take the Table Captain class.
Click HERE for registration form.
Date: March 17, 2018
Location: La Crosse Moose Family Center
Check out this great learning opportunity!
Have you thought about putting together or joining a backyard barbeque team? Struggling and wondering where you may need to improve in backyard team competitions? If you answered YES, then COME AND JOIN the Backyard BBQ Cooking Class presented by Hogline BBQ and Rotary Rock N Ribs on Saturday, March 17th from 7:30 am until 3:00 pm in La Crosse, WI. If you attend, your name will be put in a drawing for a chance to win a free Rotary RocknRibs Backyard Competition entry for June 23rd. Hogline will teach the KCBS Backyard Competition Techniques and how to grill a steak in the SCA Competition. For any questions please email email@example.com.
Click HERE for flier.
Click HERE for registration form.
Location: Nisswa, MN
We Invite You to Join Us Saturday, September 15, 2018 for the 13th Annual
Smokin’ Hot BBQ Challenge & 45th Annual Nisswa Fall Festival Celebration
Please complete the attached application form (below) and send it back to us for your entry into the 13th Annual Nisswa Smokin’ Hot BBQ Challenge. We really hope you’ll join us! Enclosed is a sample schedule for the day and as you can see, we have lots of things going on during the Fall Festival, starting off with the Pancake Breakfast and RUN for HOPE 5K/10K run then KIDZONE opens for tons fun for the kids, followed with live outdoor music and of course – the BBQ CONTEST!
You’ll see on your BBQ application that you may pre-pay for the Pancake Breakfast. The regular cost for the Pancake Breakfast is $8 per person. BBQ competitors may pre-pay and get the Pancake Breakfast for just $5 per person. You don’t have to pre-pay, you can decide the morning of the contest, but if it works better for you to take care of it all at once; we’re giving you that option!
You also have the option to pre-pay for VIP BBQ tickets. For $30 per person you will get the VIP Package (see enclosed flyer for details). If you like, you may order it all at one time and return with your completed BBQ Entry Form.
INCENTIVE: Register your team by June 1, 2018 & receive 2 complimentary Pancake Breakfast passes.
If you have any questions please contact: Rachel Robinson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Shawn Hansen
(email@example.com). The phone number at the Nisswa Chamber office is 218-963-2620.
BBQ Challenge Application 2018
Schedule of Events 2018
BBQ Sales Prices Flyer
Date: September 9, 2017
Location: Carver, MN
This is a Rib competition. Contestant must cook on site. Judging will be based on Taste, Tenderness, and Appearance.
- Entry Fee: $50 per
- Date & Time: September 9, 2017 Turn in 2pm
- Check-in Starts: Saturday 7 am Ribs will be provided
- Turn in times: Ribs – 2pm
- Judging Starts: 2pm
Click HERE for more information.
Date: September 23, 2017
Location: Delano Lanes
$125 Entry Fee Covers All Meats!!
Click HERE for more information or to register.
Rotary Rock-n-Ribs BBQ Event – June 23-24, 2017.
Who’s ready for a Rockin’ good time? Our Rotary Rock-n-Ribs BBQ event offers smoky-delicious food, fun and music for all ages. The La Crosse Valley View Rotary and the Holmen Area Rotary Clubs are excited to introduce the 3rd Annual Rotary Rock-n-Ribs BBQ event on June 23-24, 2017 at a new location – Oktoberfest Grounds in La Crosse WI. Participants will enjoy the wonderful aroma and tasting of great food from Big Boar BBQ, Mr. Tony’s BBQ, Ole’s Pizza, Pop’s Kettle Corn, and Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream Company.
The Rotary Rock-n-Ribs event includes:
Friday, June 23rd:
- Kansas City Barbeque Society (KCBS) ancillary Kids Q Competition sponsored by Texas Roadhouse of La Crosse and Red Balloon Early Learning Center. The Kids Q consists of two categories. The first category “Grill Masters” will consist of children between the ages of 7 through 10 years old who will compete in grilling hamburgers. The second category “Pit Masters” will consist of children between the ages of 11 through 15 years old who will compete in grilling steaks.
- Bakalars Sausage Company will be sponsoring the Steak Cookoff Association (SCA) Steak Competition, and Xcel Energy will be sponsoring the ancillary SCA Wing Competition. This is the first SCA competition in the State of Wisconsin.
- Dave Roger’s Blues Band will be playing from 4 to 6 p.m.
- The Retro Specz will be playing from 6:30 to 10:00 p.m., sponsored by Dick’s Pallet Works of La Crosse.
Saturday, June 24th:
- Verve will be presenting the Pulled Pork Competition to help raise money for non-profit organizations; limited to 20 teams this year. Each non-profit organization will need to find a barbeque team/restaurant sponsor or cook themselves a full roaster pan of smokin’ barbeque pulled pork to disburse tasty samples to the public in the efforts of collecting monetary votes for the delicious tasting of their pulled pork and their great cause of the non-profit organization they represent. Tickets will be sold for $10 for each ticket holder to taste a sample of pulled pork from each of the 20 non-profit organization teams. The prize money and matching of the monetary votes will all be provided by Verve, a local credit union.
- Midwest TV and Appliance will present a Big Green Egg VIP Rib Competition on Saturday from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. that will consist of 8 to 10 Backyard Competition teams cooking ribs on the Big Green Eggs for only 50 ticket holders; tickets will be sold for $30. Each ticket holder will be able to taste a rib from each VIP team and receive a t-shirt.
- Other competitions will consist of Kansas City Barbeque Society (KCBS) Professional State Championship and a Stand-Alone Backyard that will bring teams from Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin and possibly Illinois. Thanks to the partnership of Midwest TV and Appliance for helping in the sponsorship of the KCBS Stand Alone Backyard competition. Also, Trust Point will be sponsoring a Mystery Ingredient Competition. The KCBS competitions will be judged by KCBS judges from Oklahoma, Missouri, Illinois, Michigan, Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin.
- Gregg Hall and the Wrecking Ball will be playing from 2:30 to 4:30 pm, sponsored by Express Employment Professionals and Advanced Fiber Products
- Dave Roger’s Blues Band will be playing from 4 to 6 pm, sponsored by Klug Insurance Agency
Feel Free to visit our website: www.rotaryrocknribs.com
If you have a passion for food, especially tasting a juicy and delicious steak, then sign up to be a Steak Cookoff Association (SCA) certified judge for the fastest-growing cooking competition in the United States. The Rotary Rock-n-Ribs is hosting a SCA certified judge’s class on Saturday, April 29, 2017 from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Holmen American Legion, Holmen WI.
If you become a certified judge, you will be able to taste and judge the different flavors of steaks in the SCA competitions throughout the United States and possibly worldwide because the SCA is growing rapidly in the competition world. The SCA organization projects over 100 plus events in 2017. The SCA judge’s class is a hands-on class where you will learn the entire judging procedures while judging and tasting great steaks. Oh by the way, you will also learn how to cook a competition steak in the class. If you are a steak lover, cook, or part of a barbeque team, then this is new to the world of steak cookoffs that is meant for you.
The SCA Judges class is invaluable!! The cost of the SCA Judge’s Class is $95/person which includes a 2-year membership. You can sign up at www.steakcookoffs.com. Don’t forget to invite a family member or friend to come with you to be a judge too. If you have any questions, please contact Brett@steakcookoffs.com or Laurie Tweten at firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the growing types of competitions, the Rotary Rock-n-Ribs will be having the first SCA Steak and Wing Competition in Wisconsin on June 23, 2017 at the Oktoberfest Grounds, La Crosse WI. If you become a certified SCA judge, you will be able to sign up for a chance to be one of the SCA judges on June 23rd at the Rotary Rock-n-Ribs SCA Steak and Wing Competitions.
Date: July 15th 2017
Location: Deer River, MN. Behind the Outpost Bar and Grill on Hwy 2.
Register Before May 1st and save!!!!
This unique Backyard event is put on by the Deer River Chamber of Commerce and gives you the opportunity to hone your skills on all four categories. Ribs, Chicken, Pork & Brisket. In addition, all burners will be able to take part in a crowd favorite chicken wing competition (FREE). You will be able to show off your stuff and let the public sample your Q. Live music and a Home Brew Completion! Follow link for more details: BBQ & BREW
Dates: June 22-23, 2018
Location: Lewiston, MN
A great community event!
$75 registration fee includes 20×30’ space and 25 pounds of thawed pork butt
Contact Shawn Kennedy-Lee at email@example.com or (507) 313-1908 to register or for more information.