Rotary Rock-n-Ribs BBQ Event – June 23-24, 2017.
Who’s ready for a Rockin’ good time? Our Rotary Rock-n-Ribs BBQ event offers smoky-delicious food, fun and music for all ages. The La Crosse Valley View Rotary and the Holmen Area Rotary Clubs are excited to introduce the 3rd Annual Rotary Rock-n-Ribs BBQ event on June 23-24, 2017 at a new location – Oktoberfest Grounds in La Crosse WI. Participants will enjoy the wonderful aroma and tasting of great food from Big Boar BBQ, Mr. Tony’s BBQ, Ole’s Pizza, Pop’s Kettle Corn, and Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream Company.
The Rotary Rock-n-Ribs event includes:
Friday, June 23rd:
- Kansas City Barbeque Society (KCBS) ancillary Kids Q Competition sponsored by Texas Roadhouse of La Crosse and Red Balloon Early Learning Center. The Kids Q consists of two categories. The first category “Grill Masters” will consist of children between the ages of 7 through 10 years old who will compete in grilling hamburgers. The second category “Pit Masters” will consist of children between the ages of 11 through 15 years old who will compete in grilling steaks.
- Bakalars Sausage Company will be sponsoring the Steak Cookoff Association (SCA) Steak Competition, and Xcel Energy will be sponsoring the ancillary SCA Wing Competition. This is the first SCA competition in the State of Wisconsin.
- Dave Roger’s Blues Band will be playing from 4 to 6 p.m.
- The Retro Specz will be playing from 6:30 to 10:00 p.m., sponsored by Dick’s Pallet Works of La Crosse.
Saturday, June 24th:
- Verve will be presenting the Pulled Pork Competition to help raise money for non-profit organizations; limited to 20 teams this year. Each non-profit organization will need to find a barbeque team/restaurant sponsor or cook themselves a full roaster pan of smokin’ barbeque pulled pork to disburse tasty samples to the public in the efforts of collecting monetary votes for the delicious tasting of their pulled pork and their great cause of the non-profit organization they represent. Tickets will be sold for $10 for each ticket holder to taste a sample of pulled pork from each of the 20 non-profit organization teams. The prize money and matching of the monetary votes will all be provided by Verve, a local credit union.
- Midwest TV and Appliance will present a Big Green Egg VIP Rib Competition on Saturday from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. that will consist of 8 to 10 Backyard Competition teams cooking ribs on the Big Green Eggs for only 50 ticket holders; tickets will be sold for $30. Each ticket holder will be able to taste a rib from each VIP team and receive a t-shirt.
- Other competitions will consist of Kansas City Barbeque Society (KCBS) Professional State Championship and a Stand-Alone Backyard that will bring teams from Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin and possibly Illinois. Thanks to the partnership of Midwest TV and Appliance for helping in the sponsorship of the KCBS Stand Alone Backyard competition. Also, Trust Point will be sponsoring a Mystery Ingredient Competition. The KCBS competitions will be judged by KCBS judges from Oklahoma, Missouri, Illinois, Michigan, Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin.
- Gregg Hall and the Wrecking Ball will be playing from 2:30 to 4:30 pm, sponsored by Express Employment Professionals and Advanced Fiber Products
- Dave Roger’s Blues Band will be playing from 4 to 6 pm, sponsored by Klug Insurance Agency
Feel Free to visit our website: www.rotaryrocknribs.com
If you have a passion for food, especially tasting a juicy and delicious steak, then sign up to be a Steak Cookoff Association (SCA) certified judge for the fastest-growing cooking competition in the United States. The Rotary Rock-n-Ribs is hosting a SCA certified judge’s class on Saturday, April 29, 2017 from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Holmen American Legion, Holmen WI.
If you become a certified judge, you will be able to taste and judge the different flavors of steaks in the SCA competitions throughout the United States and possibly worldwide because the SCA is growing rapidly in the competition world. The SCA organization projects over 100 plus events in 2017. The SCA judge’s class is a hands-on class where you will learn the entire judging procedures while judging and tasting great steaks. Oh by the way, you will also learn how to cook a competition steak in the class. If you are a steak lover, cook, or part of a barbeque team, then this is new to the world of steak cookoffs that is meant for you.
The SCA Judges class is invaluable!! The cost of the SCA Judge’s Class is $95/person which includes a 2-year membership. You can sign up at www.steakcookoffs.com. Don’t forget to invite a family member or friend to come with you to be a judge too. If you have any questions, please contact Brett@steakcookoffs.com or Laurie Tweten at firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the growing types of competitions, the Rotary Rock-n-Ribs will be having the first SCA Steak and Wing Competition in Wisconsin on June 23, 2017 at the Oktoberfest Grounds, La Crosse WI. If you become a certified SCA judge, you will be able to sign up for a chance to be one of the SCA judges on June 23rd at the Rotary Rock-n-Ribs SCA Steak and Wing Competitions.
Date: July 15th 2017
Location: Deer River, MN. Behind the Outpost Bar and Grill on Hwy 2.
Register Before May 1st and save!!!!
This unique Backyard event is put on by the Deer River Chamber of Commerce and gives you the opportunity to hone your skills on all four categories. Ribs, Chicken, Pork & Brisket. In addition, all burners will be able to take part in a crowd favorite chicken wing competition (FREE). You will be able to show off your stuff and let the public sample your Q. Live music and a Home Brew Completion! Follow link for more details: BBQ & BREW
Dates: June 23-24, 2017
Location: Lewiston, MN
Heartland Days Amateur BBQ Contest
June 23-24, 2017
Heartland Days Fest Area Lewiston, MN
Blues Music Food vendors Amateur BBQ contest.
$60 registration fee includes 20×30’ space and 25 pounds of thawed pork butt
Friday: 6:00 am -2:00pm Contestants arrive and get set up. They prep, smoke, and cook their pork butt all day and night. 5:00 pm Cooks meeting 8:30 pm-12:30 am Blues Band-Announcement coming soon. 4:00-8:00 pm Food vendors-open for spectators
Saturday: 11:00 am to 1:00 pm Ends at 1:00 or when the food is gone. Judging-People’s Choice. Spectators can purchase voting tickets and Taste the food offered by the contestants. Whoever gets the most tickets wins.
11:00 am-2:00 pm Bridget Kelly Band 10:00 am-8:00 pm Food vendors-open for spectators
2:30 pm Awards Ceremony for the BBQ Contest. Winner gets 50% of the pot and a plaque Mayor’s Choice winner gets $60 and a certificate Organizers may choose to award more places depending on how the ticket sales go that day.
Beginners and amateurs welcome! Contest organizers will be purchasing the MN event food license. Contestants do not need to be licensed. We will have a sanitarian on site to monitor for food safety rules.
For more information, contact Shawn Kennedy-Lee at email@example.com or 507-3131908.
Date: June 23, 2017
Location: Barrett, MN
Rib cook-off to benefit the Barrett Fire Department Flames Auxiliary. $50 entry fee – ribs are provided! $200 top prize!
Click HERE for the application.
Click HERE for the rules.
Date: August 5, 2017
Location: B-Dale Club, Roseville, MN
Annual rib cook-off and dinner with live music and great prizes!
Click HERE to view the flier.
Time: 7:30AM – 4:30PM – Great BBQ Lunch Included
Location: Falcon Heights, MN
The Minnesota BBQ Society is pleased to join the University of Minnesota Meat Science Department once again to offer the BBQ Spring Training Workshop on April 8, 2017 in the Andrew Boss Laboratory of Meat Science. This full day program is packed with lectures and demonstrations provided by meat scientists, industry professionals, and Minnesota BBQ Society competition pros.
The workshop contains something for everyone, from the amateur backyard cook to seasoned competition chefs. Your registration for the workshop includes a binder full of all the presentations, a University of Minnesota Meat Science hat and apron, breakfast refreshments, BBQ lunch, and product tastings, all for a reduced registration rate of $130 per person. The entire program will take place in the Andrew Boss Laboratory of Meat Science on the St. Paul Campus of the University of Minnesota. The day begins with a very informative tour of the Meat Lab; the University raises their own livestock and slaughters them on site. There is also a retail shop where the University’s own meats, sausages, cheeses and amazing ice cream are available for sale.
Some of this year’s topics include:
The Science of Meat
BBQ Equipment- Theories & Reality
The Art of Cooking BBQ
What it takes to be a BBQ Team in Backyard & Pro
The Right Equipment for You
The event is now full but you can still register on our waiting list!
Location: Vermillion, SD
A rib fest, car show, cooking demonstrations and live music are just a few of the awesome things happening at Ribs, Rods and Rock ‘n Roll! This is a great annual event with a list of fun events and activities.
Click here for more information!
Location: Watertown, SD
A great family friendly event with live music and a mountain of activities. The KCBS sanctioned BBQ contest is an integral part of this annual event.
Click here for more information!
Date: October 29, 2016 (2-6pm)
Location: Southbrook Golf Course, Annandale, MN